First attempt at flowers

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
not sure if its a bit bland?

Any C+C to improve much appreciated.

b5phsi.jpg

It has potential but right now it's a bunch of flowers! Maybe try a heavy vignette to help draw your eye into the main in focus flowers at the front?

Bloomin' good for a first attempt! Nice bunch there with an effective dof going on. Detail on the lead tulip is very nice. I would have liked a touch more headroom above the bunch but thats just my personal preference :)

Colours are lovely (y)

Thanks for the feedback guys. Tried to use some of Scott Kelby's tips when shooting them, but as I said, advice on presenting them much appreciated.

Hi,

I like it, very good for a first go :clap:

I would crop it in tighter and boost the colours (personal taste) I did have a fiddle with it but wont post it unless you want to see it - did not want to over step.

I did boost the colours a little myself (little PS trick I picked up to adjust the curve in LAB mode), but I was wary of oversaturating.

Feel free to post. Different opinions and points of view are always welcome.

(y)

Might look nice as a square crop Dave, even up the space either side with the more limited room at the top.

I did boost the colours a little myself (little PS trick I picked up to adjust the curve in LAB mode), but I was wary of oversaturating.

Feel free to post. Different opinions and points of view are always welcome.

(y)

This is what I did with it ;)

Does look better madmadam, cheers.

Still a bit wary of cropping photos as I am not to clued up on the best practice yet (havent got to that stage of my book :D) but that is definitely improved imo with the crop.

(y)

Does look better madmadam, cheers.

Still a bit wary of cropping photos as I am not to clued up on the best practice yet (havent got to that stage of my book :D) but that is definitely improved imo with the crop.

(y)

I recently took a photography course at college and the Tutor was really good gave great advise and taught me you have to be brave with cropping ;)

Back