Yes
Hi Folks

Just looking for some general C&C.

land1L.jpg

land3L.jpg

land4L.jpg

land5L.jpg

land2L.jpg

Beautiful i love them, how were they achieved? Do you mind discussing your set up and pp for up amateurs :)

^^^
Well I didn't use any ND filters etc, and instead just used the dynamic range of the camera and boosted the fill light slider in LR3 to achieve even'ish exposure.
Then in PS I tweaked curves, colour balance, hue saturation & blending layers to get the look I was after.

Below are the files as they came out the camera...

land1D.jpg

land3D.jpg

land4D.jpg

land5D.jpg

land2D.jpg

Try using ND grad filter, this will help to not burn the sky out.
Great shots.

Those are just gorgeous, thanks for the info on processing too. I actually like the originals, both originals and edits have different qualities and I'd find it hard to state a preference.

shooting into the light isnt for beginners...or finishers...or the discrete
that light is dominating and degrading your images
cheers
geof

Thanks for your critique Mr Toad but can you maybe post one of your examples, so I can see the difference in with this image degradation you speak of?

Hi, i have not seen pictures like this before and i know i cant judge them but i dont understand whats to like about them, im not being nasty i would just like to know what you all see and think is nice about them when you look at these pictures. please dont take this post the wrong way im just interested.

i don't like the out of camera shots. but i love the finished set especially number 5 yes some have blown out sky but who cares the best thing about the whole shoot is you seemed to know what you wanted! and how to get it which i think is very special quality in your pp and in your preparation on how to achieve it (y)(y):clap:

Hi, i have not seen pictures like this before and i know i cant judge them but i dont understand whats to like about them, im not being nasty i would just like to know what you all see and think is nice about them when you look at these pictures. please dont take this post the wrong way im just interested.

For me it's the thoughts they inspire. I look at these images and instantly think of lazy summer days when I was a kid, summer holidays out in the fields for hours on end. It's the reaction they provoke more than the actual image.

I like 2 and 5 in the first post the most the others less so. They are different and thats good I think.

shooting into the light isnt for beginners...or finishers...or the discrete
that light is dominating and degrading your images
cheers
geof

I've not been around here much for ages and I find that an odd comment to come back to. You may not like backlighting but I don't see how it can discounted as a valid avenue to explore. For me, it's the strong light with it's touch of flare that's bringing life to the images.

For a first go at landscapes I think you've got a great haul there. More importantly though, did you enjoy it?

Thanks for your critique Mr Toad but can you maybe post one of your examples, so I can see the difference in with this image degradation you speak of?

the all are blown out to some extent and lens flare is in your 5th one
i will attempt to copy it here

land6L by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

no worries..i have taken shots like these in the past as well and had them thrown out:geek:

Thanks, for following up on your opinion, but I don't really put much weight on them tbh as there seems to be an element of subjectivity, as the very things you don't like are the very things that make these images appealing to me personally, as well as others.

Obviously the the SUN is going to look a little over exposed than the rest of the sky...

unled1nm.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34963887@N02/5902229353/in/photostream

Number four strikes me the most. I agree they evoke memories of summer but it's the focus points that do it for me with this kind of image and there aren't any that really catch my attention, I just find my eyes wandering, trying to lock in on detail, unlike number four. I'd also consider giving it a bit of a grad filter to push some more tones into the sky which will help fill the frame.

Thanks, for following up on your opinion, but I don't really put much weight on them tbh as there seems to be an element of subjectivity, as the very things you don't like are the very things that make these images appealing to me personally, as well as others.

Obviously the the SUN is going to look a little over exposed than the rest of the sky...

unled1nm.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34963887@N02/5902229353/in/photostream

you slay me...thats not my picture...and i insist it is not overexposed:LOL:

^^^
Thanks!, below is another one :)

land7L.jpg

x by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

thats better...avoid a mid to high horizon where the interest falls lower down
this is my botch of your perfect landscape via my miopic brain:geek:
lighten up a bit old chap....this is fun not a contest and chacun son gout...nest pass

ps your offerings are a bit on the small size...if you use pix.ie you can upload the full size image so one can critique more exactly and if editing are using the full pixel count
are you using raw by any chance

z by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

tried to do a decent sun but got lost on the way to do it
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Back