First attempt at levitation photography

View attachment 32031 View attachment 32032
It's good but I wonder how much of the effect is lost when you can't see daylight between you and the floor...

A lot, I've added a couple more example here from the same little trip out. I like the cave location a lot but there's no feeling of separation between me and the ground. The other one where my had is down is a middle amount of effect since the hand on the ground helps to illustrate the gap to the ground.View attachment 32031 View attachment 32032

Last edited by a moderator:
The first one is technically spot on IMHO - but to me, the "levitation" doesn't make sense. If you'd been looking terrified, it would be like you were about to impact (DRAMA!), if on your back, you'd be floating (INTRIGUE!) - as it is, you're just sort of floating a bit with no sense of why.

The cave shot - unfortunately your feet are just on the line between the water and the bank, so it just looks like you're standing on something.

If you look at the "classic" examples of this, they tend to be quite dream-like (you are floating after all), whether this is a nice dream or a nightmare, and I think it's this that is lacking from yours... If you're going to float about, there should be a reason.

But as I said, the process has worked fine :)

Back