First attempt at light painting

Name
lee
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first attempt at light painting and I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out, admittedly I've tweaked them in lightroom a little but not a lot.

All in

DSC06760.jpg

DSC06750.jpg

All comments welcomed:)

No comments, are these really that bad :shrug:

Thanks for the feedback, good or bad it's always appreciated. I see what your saying and will try with more dof next time

I think the second works better than the first. I'm not sure about more depth of field, but I wonder if the other "10" on the top-most card would have been better to be in-focus? that would have given a lead-in out-of-focus area as well as allowing the other cards to be identified - I can't tell you're holding two pairs in the second shot.

New years day afternoon.. there's probably a few people having a meal or out for a walk, maybe too soon to worry about a lack of response ;)

True, it does seem quiet this afternoon.

I agree the other 10 should be the focus point, giving a definite view of the hand held, will have to try again. The hand in both shots is a royal flush.

Now I look more closely, so it is.. just goes to show that maybe a touch more focus would help.. I was sure it was A,10,J,J,10.. must go to Specsavers..

Bit of a tweek with the colours to bring the cards out

DSC06760-2.jpg

Personally I find the DoF far to shallow in all of these and the last you've pushed the blacks to far in PP :shrug:

I think that if you broaden the DoF a little to have more of the cards in focus and then maybe have the chips in actual stack it would work a lot better (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Back