First Attempt at low light photography

Edit My Images
No
Here's my first attempt at long exposure photography.

Im quite pleased with the results but any comments are welcome.

MoonlightPoolNT.jpg

i really like it, if this is your first attempt, then im looking forward to seeing what you do after some practise

Very impressive, you've got the colours spot on. Brilliant for a first attempt, I wish my first attempt was that good... let's just say it wasn't memorable!

Very impressive, you've got the colours spot on. Brilliant for a first attempt, I wish my first attempt was that good...

I wish my last attempt was that good :LOL:

A cracking first shot. :clap:

Wonderful drama effect with the light on the rock ... great shot :clap:

A big pat on the back I think you deserve for this (y)

Another Thumbs up...That's a great shot. What were your settings?

Oooh I like this, I would be proud to have taken it - if it were mine.

For those that are interested and for wkaibigan who asked, here is the exif data for this photo.

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments on this photo.

Cheers

Iain

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Image Date: 2008:05:18 23:44:45
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 18.0mm
CCD Width: 5.87mm
Exposure Time: 30.000 s
Aperture: f/5.0
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Auto
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual

Hi Breaker, yes I did fire a flashgun during the 30sec exposure to illuminate the foreground rock.

The only post production work done on the photo was to remove the bright spot created by the flash being within the view of the camera, this was achieved using the clone tool in photoshop.

Cheers

Iain

First = Fantastic!

very impressive.

Ooo that is impressive! Kind of thing that you get to see in a dream. I like that shot, hope to see some more of your work in the future. :)

excellent.

Awesome. This looks like it was taken on a different planet. Almost looks like CGI.

Thank you so much for all the comments.

I'm looking forward to the 18th June as yet again it is a full moon during the hours of darkness and I have several ideas to try out from the mistakes I made on my first attempt.

If I manage to capture some really cool shots I will definitely post them here for all to see.

Cheers

Iain

Back