Daniel-san
Suspended / Banned
Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
My first attempt at macro, how'd I do?
macro_036.jpg

Whilst waiting for it to settle down this little feller climbed up onto my leg to pose!
macro_080.jpg

Amazing colour on the first, but second doesn't do anything for me tbh.

#1 very nice
#2 sorry , must agree:crying: doesn't work for me either.
Keep at it though(y) (y) (y)

are these crops from larger images? they seem a little noisy

first is quite good though, definately got the potential there

Your first one is good, but as the others have said theres a bit of noise and it's a little on the soft. Please don't let this put you off, I by no means am any better, as for the second sorry it doesn't work for me.

All up a very effort for your first attempt I'm sure the macro guru's will give you plenty of good advice.

You did well :)

You also know they could be better.....as in sharper / more magnified / more fine detail. Welcome to the addictive world of macro :)

Doesn't matter how much you do - you will always want better. You can get big improvements with practice....then you start looking at different macro lens prices ;)

Have you processed the first one, if so what did you try?

First is a great attempt Nilagin ... lovely colours and good compo ... just need to work on and practise the other bits ... :D

Assume the second is just 'cos it was there ... :thinking:

Keep at it ... as others have said it becomes addictive at least ... absorbing at best ... and all consuming at worst ... :LOL:

I agree with the above comments above but until you have tried macro believe me it is by far the hardest task to achieve with a camera to get it right. Ask CT or dod..;)

The camera is just my Panasonic Lumix FZ5. It's not a DSLR so no kit to buy for it. One day I will probably progress to a DSLR, when I can justify the cost. Both photos were cropped but no other manipulation involved. I took a fair few photos similar to the first, there were about 5 of the things flying about, then settling down briefly only to disturb each other then fly about again although each would return to the same place. (Unless they were swapping places, they all look the same to me:) )
I did try to get some shots of butterflies but they just wouldn't settle.
Thanks for all your kind words on my first attempts, it's amazing how you get to see how your photos really look after constructive criticism.

Good efforts.(y) What's letting the shots down the most is that the level of noise is beyond what most of us would consider acceptable. Those Panasonics are damned good cameras, but unfortunately, they don't handle noise very well - I know, my missus has one. There's things you can do in processing though. I just selected the background in the shot and ran noise reduction on it. It's in the areas lacking detail like your background where the noise will show the most.

macro_036_2_.jpg

If you look at your damsel fly it appears that the tail is sharper than the head - always try to get the head sharp regardless of what angle you're photographing at. Still an excellent first go though. :clap:

You spider shot is way too unsharp to do anything with, but considering the thing was on your arm and presuming you were holding the camera with just one hand, it's hardly surprising! :D

Back