First attempt at stars.

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
After looking through some of the other photos here and way too much Human Universe I built up an urge to go and photograph the stars. Friday night was perfectly clear so I headed out at silly o'clock and tried my best. This is the resulting image:

15684151311_5842da552f_c.jpg

Please be honest with some feedback as this is something I'd like to get the hang of!

Cheers

Adam

Thanks Kelvin, as soon as I got home I realised I should of gone for the whole tree! Yes just managed to get the milky way, but nothing like I have seen in other images. The shot was taken with the 14mm on crop sensor, F/2.8 and 15 second exposure at ISO 2000.
Thanks for the feedback :)

Adam

Have you used a brush or selection in post to try and highlight the milkyway at all? It just doesn't look natural.

This is not a good time of year in the UK to try and get the milky way. For best results it best to wait until April next year (I think) or go to Tenerife :)

I did do a bit of brushing to make it stand out a bit, guilty!
Ah okay, maybe I'll put this project to the side then and try some star trails instead if there's a clear night :)

Adam
Sadly the brush strokes don't follow the traditional shapes that you would expect to see.

Good effort (y) said from someone who has not tried this type of shot and is desperate to do so.
Thanks for the inspiration and setting info :)
Clive

Back