First attempt at tilt shift effect

That basically works, though I find the rib in the fore of the photo breaks the illusion.

great effort! I like this (y)

For me, i try not to include any sky in my shots... as you wouldn't normally see any sky in a model village and then also try to blur the immediate foreground. In this case, it would blur out the dinghy - but would then also place more emphasis on the biggers boats being in focus.

Bright reds, yellows and greens work well too with heavy saturation to give the 'painted model' look.

I'm just commenting on the fly and not saying my suggestions would necessarily work.. i'd need to give them a try to see (y)

Keep 'em coming :D

Thanks for the comments guys, I took a few other shots from up here so might have a play with those tonight and see if I can improve :)

It looks like a model village to me, never heard of this before :clap:

Looks good to me, Ive tried a few TS photos and it is pretty hard to get bang on!!

These work better when you have more foreground blurred, I think it also looks better when you've got people visible in the shot.

that looks great (y) I think that it works so well because you've found a great location to do it with (y) it's an effect that I personally love but it has to be the right scene for it to work well :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Back