Beginner First Attempt At Timelapse

Name
Mat
Edit My Images
Yes
Nothing special, but this is my first ever attempt

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vByH16MbzNQ

The intravalometer only arrived about 30mins before I started filming. I did this more so to get an idea of how to batch edit the images and then what was required to Adobe AE.

Nice to see I avoided any flicker - although I guess that that is easy to avoid in controlled lighting conditions :D

wasn't sure if it was too quick and that I should have taken photos quicker. IIRC, this was set to a picture every 5 seconds

Looks good. What's with the zooming? Is that an after effect or lens creep?

Good effort but it appears to be too fast.It appears like you have rendered too many frames per second.

Good effort but it appears to be too fast.
I'd tend to agree, but obviously it's a matter of personal taste.
It appears like you have rendered too many frames per second.
I don't think that's correct. Video runs at 25 frames per second regardless of content. I think the issue is that there's too much movement between successive frames, which is another way of saying the interval between shooting successive frames was too long.

You could easily repeat the test with 4 seconds between frames, or 3 seconds, or 2 seconds and see which you prefer. Or if your memory card is big enough you could shootat 1 frame per second and try compiling every 2nd / 3rd / 4th frame into a video. That would give you different videos with exactly the same action, which would make the comparison easier.

Just remember that (1) 25 frames = 1 second of video, and (2) you don't need to shoot full resolution high-megapixel images because even HD video is only 2 megapixels.

I admit I have never done this before.I have watched a few time lapse shoots in YouTube and I am comparing yours with that.I was not criticising your shoot but it appeared too fast to my liking.

Back