first attempt at water droplets

Name
mat
Edit My Images
Yes
well ive seen some really good shots of water droplets on here and really wanted to have ago, i was put of by the idea as all i have is a camera, no wireless flash or anything fancy but tonight i thought sod it.

so i went to kitchen set up tripod and hung a food with water in of it, put a plate with some water in on the floor and put my camera on one of them little 8 inch tripods.

set iso speed ect and these are the results

yellow-droplet-1.gif

red-droplet-2.gif

red-droplet-1.gif

blue-droplet-1.gif

all c+c is very welcome and i even have some of my own

i think i should have got lower ( more horizon if that makes sense ) as they look as though im looking down, which i am.not that keen on no1 and number 2 and 3 are my favs, but i think i should have reduced the noise ( not sure on this can some one say )

but for my first attempt at any serious pictures im very happy with them but im gonna try and do better in a couple of days.

took me 198 shots and i ended up just keeping these which i think were the better of the bunch

thanks for lookiing and look forward to your c+c

Last edited:
also above the pics it says original size is that the right size if not how do i change it

will these print ok

cheers guys

merry xmas everyone

mat

When caught well these always look great, but I don't think #1 falls into that category,sorry. Love #2, an unusual splash and great colours.
More horizon? These look good to me from most angles, including yours.
I see a lot of these on here and the one thing I have to admire each time is the patience you droplet catchers have. Respect to you all.

When caught well these always look great, but I don't think #1 falls into that category,sorry. Love #2, an unusual splash and great colours.
More horizon? These look good to me from most angles, including yours.
I see a lot of these on here and the one thing I have to admire each time is the patience you droplet catchers have. Respect to you all.

agreed mate i dont like number 1 but i done 4 different colours and this was the best yellow so i thought i would post it any way, number 2 is my best so far i reckon

thanks mate

mat

just realised ive saved these in the wrong format? should be jpeg not gif so im gonna have another go tonight

hope to see some images soon Mat and let us know your set up please.
Dave

Back