First attempt with background lighting

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

This was last year I took this but would sill like some C&C. It was a long exposure and as such my face is a tad blurry. It was very difficult. Cold too.

Yeah not so into things in head also. The red clashes the the other tones in the picture an the light sources arnt looking to good in the pic. Maybe a white stronger light and you can try a gel on that. Also i have a feeling behind you and infront of could be better backdrops. Its all trial and error i suppose .

And dirty and covered in pigeon poo and had to hike down a hosepipe to get in the cell? ;)

I'd have to say I think I would have shot this minus the jaunty angle and without a person in the shot myself, there is lots more lovely detail to be seen within where you were standing that could have spoken for itself all lit up with funky colours and decay. Knowing what it can look like here I'd also say the crop is far too close and you have missed lots to give the shot a bit more context.

I'd like to see the background lighting a little more suggestive than it is here. Perhaps try painting with light rather than leaving the lights plonked on the floor?

Last edited:
Back