First attempt

Have to agree with above comments - lovely photo but the vignette does take over the photo - what does it look like without it at all ?

thanks, I agree with the comments, just playing with some effects(wish I hadn't)

I'm new to photoshop and don't really know how to do much. Anyone feel free to alter if they like and show me how I can improve the photo.

That looks much better with no vignette :) Much better :)
We cant edit the photo Ajai as you have clicked 'No Edit' in your preferences

Again much better without the vingette made the picture look way to old for such a fresh faced little girl. For the vignette to work you would prob need to add grain to the photo and soften the vingette more but I would keep it now as it is, it looks really good. Nice light in eyes so well done :)

Much better without the vignette, those eyes really stand out to me probably because of the light like kev has mentioned above (y)

Thanks for the comments people but would like to see what people can do in photoshop with the background.

Looks very flat and grey here. Looking at the histogram, there's loads of headroom, which suggests it was under exposed slightly.

awJJ7.jpg

moving the highlight point to where the useful data starts.....

D9JjR.jpg

.....improves things greatly.

ITIJF.jpg

I also agree with the vignette. Never do that again :) ...unless cheesiness was what you were after.

Last edited:
Looks very flat and grey here. Looking at the histogram, there's loads of headroom, which suggests it was under exposed slightly.

awJJ7.jpg

D9JjR.jpg

ITIJF.jpg

I also agree with the vignette. Never do that again :) ...unless cheesiness was what you were after.

wow, that is amazing, what program did you use?

Photoshop... but most image editors will let you adjust levels and show you a histogram.

I mean no offence, but by judging the image, you seem to be using a multi-flash studio set up... yet have no idea what a histogram is, or how to even do simple levels adjustments... do you not think you are running before you can walk? Your image seemed to be under exposed. How are you metering?

Last edited:
Photoshop... but most image editors will let you adjust levels and show you a histogram.

I mean no offence, but by judging the image, you seem to be using a multi-flash studio set up... yet have no idea what a histogram is, or how to even do simple levels adjustments... do you not think you are running before you can walk? Your image seemed to be under exposed. How are you metering?

have to agree with david learn to walk before you run
good potrait though

Having had a play with the image myself, it feels too tightly cropped and adding a little bit more background on the left of the image I think improves it as well :)

awJJ7.jpg

D9JjR.jpg

ITIJF.jpg

do like this edited photo! of course, the original one without the vignette is great, but more light will be better. :D

I know where your coming from and no offence taken.

I originally brought our camera for taking some photos of daughter(not the one on the photo). I had no intention of getting into photographer a little deeper. Since playing with the camera my wife and I started to enjoy ourselves more and more. So we went and did a very basic(very) camera course and enjoyed it. We got some cheap lights to try and play around on our daughter. Nothing to make money, put a couple of photos on facebook that we liked. a friend saw them and asked if we would take some of their children, I explained that I not a professional photographer and only low limited stuff. They said they didn't mind and just wanted some photos. I thought I would use it as experience.

Looking at doing some college courses to learn more and just posted on here for some advice.

Jai

Back