First attempts at water droplets

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
After seeing so many superb droplets on here I had to have a go. These were from my first attempt, using a petri dish. I know they are not brilliant but it encouraged me to try other things (will post when I've had chance to upload them) and I am particularly fascinated by the nipple!

4289152230_aec6dd0e2f.jpg

4288410781_32f51a19cf_o.jpg

4288410623_6ba85d1cd5_o.jpg

Any comments or tips would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Haha, the nipple shot's funny :LOL:

They're good. Tips from me would be to pre-focus on something (pencil, pen, anything small) at the surface of the water or just above, where the droplet's should land :) Two of them are just a touch OOF. Also experiment with various colours :)

I like no.2 - the base looks almost like a jelly mould. I tried these shots and will be trying again but adding some food dye to the water to see if it makes them more interesting.

Thanks for the comments.

I did try some food colour variations after these and also played with a larger bowl. The trouble is... I took so many that I need time to go through them and delete the vast majority!

A very nice start to droplet photography, I agree that a little extra colour would enhance them, maybe a nice coloured background would help too.

Fantastic Captures I really Like No.1 And No.3 Very Sharp And Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

Looking good so far, I might have a go at this myself later seems like a bit of a challenge!

Back