First attempts

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
My first few attempts at photography this week, also used Adobe Photoshop Express, I tried Gimp but it just baffled me lol. I had 2 more landscapes to show but it says to big, not sure how to sort that but I will try.

Attachments

• DSCF1944.jpg
    DSCF1944.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF1958_edited.jpg
    DSCF1958_edited.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Flower.JPG
    Flower.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Skye.jpg
    Skye.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Dotty.jpg
    Dotty.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 25
  • House through the trees_edited.jpg
    House through the trees_edited.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Good effort, keep taking photos, watch YouTube channels on photography and you will learn as you go. What camera are you using? The focus seems off, and the first picture id would just reduce the exposure slightly

Thanks Sharps, I am currently using a Fujifilm Finepix s4200 bridge camera, I find a lot of the pics I take are blurred round the edges, trying to learn the triangle of Exposure, shutter speed, and ISO and when to use what settings, then learning about composition etc, etc, who knew taking a photo was so involved lol, but still it is fun, at the moment I think eveything is a picture waiting to be taken.

Sounds like you are on the right track! Once you learn about the triangle and iso it becomes easier, not sure about the camera you are using, does it have a shutter priority mode? Keep clicking away and you will capture some good shots (y)

trying to learn the triangle of Exposure, shutter speed, and ISO and when to use what settings

At this stage these really don't matter. Shoot in auto or aperture exposure if your camera offers it and learn about composition and finding interesting subjects. Exposure with this kind of camera is hard to control precisely, and you're likely to want to make adjustments after taking a picture.

As for the pictures, as mentioned, there does seem to be a bit of an issue with focus, but that may just be the cameras normal performance.

Thanks everyone, Sharps and ancient mariner, I have Shutter priority mode and Aperture priority mode, I also have a manual mode that lets me adjust both shutter speed and aperture, (always seems to be a choice of F3.1 or F8 for some reason), it also has an exposure indicator on the screen that moves left and right (under and over exposed I presume) when I change the shutter speed. This will make more sense to the both of you than it does to me at the moment lol.

Back