First Autumn Toddler Shots

ACW

Edit My Images
Yes
A few from a cold afternoon yesterday. First time really using the 5DII w/ the 70-200 2.8 on people. Happy with the performance, even managed a few action shots on the swing, although these were hit and miss AF wise!

Any C+C appreciated, especially in regards to PP.

Jasper
by ACW#, on Flickr

Jasper
by ACW#, on Flickr

Jasper
by ACW#, on Flickr

Jasper
by ACW#, on Flickr

Jasper
by ACW#, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
Very nice pics, i think the white balance is off though especially in the latter ones.

Very nice pics, i think the white balance is off though especially in the latter ones.
Thanks Jamie, fair comment r.e the WB. I did batch them all in lightroom but then ended up tweaking individually, light was falling off fast making WB a bit of a nightmare!

Do any of you find it off puttingly wrong on a photo by photo basis or is it because the set varies from photo to photo?

For me it was mostly because they look quite warm in colour for a winters day but i'm sure if you was doing these for someone they would be happy.

The only one I find a bit warm is no.4 but that might be because I'm seeing it against the others, its a cracking shot of him though. I might also up the exposure a bit for no.3

Hope this helps :)

Lee

Loving number 1!! I can't think what you could do to improve it so it must be perfect! :)

For me it was mostly because they look quite warm in colour for a winters day but i'm sure if you was doing these for someone they would be happy.

Totally agree, next set I do in the same location will have a cooler process applied. They seemed pretty chuffed with them so that keeps me happy :LOL:

The only one I find a bit warm is no.4 but that might be because I'm seeing it against the others, its a cracking shot of him though. I might also up the exposure a bit for no.3

Hope this helps :)

Lee

Thanks Lee, yes the more I look at it, the more obvious to me it is that it's slightly underexposed :)

Cracking set!

WB? (y) :thumbsdown:...... Cant decide!

Thank you Paul!

Loving number 1!! I can't think what you could do to improve it so it must be perfect! :)

Thanks Drew, #1 was the one I was most pleased with too.

You've got some great shots there. Love the DOF and colours

Thank you for your comment Matt.

A few from a cold afternoon yesterday. First time really using the 5DII w/ the 70-200 2.8 on people. Happy with the performance, even managed a few action shots on the swing, although these were hit and miss AF wise!

Any C+C appreciated, especially in regards to PP.
Really good set of natural images Adam , and great use of light.

Geoff

Jasper
by ACW#, on Flickr

Jasper
by ACW#, on Flickr

Jasper
by ACW#, on Flickr

Jasper
by ACW#, on Flickr

Jasper
by ACW#, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

No 1 stands out for me although the rest aren't too shoddy either :D - I have the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 and it's THE lens for people I feel

I have had a play with this shot- cropped and adjusted the WB-hope you don't mind?

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cracking set - agree with previous comments they look a little warm but very nice none the less (y)

No 1 stands out for me although the rest aren't too shoddy either :D - I have the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 and it's THE lens for people I feel

I have had a play with this shot- cropped and adjusted the WB-hope you don't mind?

Les ;)

Very nice Les, thanks for taking the time to have a play. Perhaps slightly too much of a crop for my liking, but the colour is more inline with the rest of the set. Did you pull the yellows back slightly or was there more too it?

Very nice Les, thanks for taking the time to have a play. Perhaps slightly too much of a crop for my liking, but the colour is more inline with the rest of the set. Did you pull the yellows back slightly or was there more too it?

I pulled back the yellows slightly in RAW Adam, and as for the crop -we all like things in a different way, I personally prefer a slightly tighter crop (y)

Les ;)

Back