First Band Shoot - Death Metal Rehearsal

Name
Darrell
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some final shots from a rehearsal shoot for Birmingham Death Metal band Spawned From Hate.

I'm very new to photography but the band were kind enough to let me shoot them during a rehearsal. They are pleased with the shots and will be using them for promotional purposes but I would very much appreciate feedback from other togs so I can improve next time.

Cheers!

Dan-0167.jpg

DavesFacebookPhoto.jpg

Lee-0230.jpg

Scott-0177.jpg

Group-0259copy.jpg

Please note they do not currently have a drummer in their line-up!

Just my opinion, but I would like to see them actually playing on stage, or even during rehearsal, as these lack atmosphere.
Better to show them in their natural environment, with natural lighting, after all, they are a Death Metal band.
Apart from the t-shirts, there is nothing in these to show their attitude etc.
As I say, just my opinion, but they don't work for me.

These photos were taken during a rehearsal or 'band practice'. I would have preferred to shoot with a decent location as the conditions were poor but sometimes you have to make the best with what you have.

Thanks for looking.

They might work better in a gritty black and white. They just seem a bit bland as they stand. I certainly don't feel any energy from the band, apart from maybe the singer shot. Death metal is all about energy and anger. These shots just seem like a few guys with instruments.

Back