First Beach Shoot

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Afternoon all,

First time sharing this kind of work on a forum, as I normally stick to Aviation and motorsport, but guess with my tin hat ready here you go!!!

After wanting to do one of these for a long, long time, I finally got the ball rolling and just had to wait for some clear skies. So Claire, a local Edinburgh model braved the rather bitter easterly wind as sun set. She was a superstar. Have done a few more since, but the sunset in these could quite easily ass for St. Kitts opposed to East Lothian!

Anyway, here are a few for now;

cb5004.jpg

CB003a.jpg

CB003copy.jpg

Go easy!!

Andy
http://www.andrewsheppardphotography.com

Not to bad, would maybe have framed them to show the sun more rather than placing her in front, also the face in one looks a tad soft to me, may be the PP, did you soften the skin? also in one there is a mark on her back, may be worth cloning it out :) hope that don't sound to harsh, as they are a good start.

Thank you Cosmix,

Not at all, I appreciate your thoughts and feedback!! Will certinaly clone out the wet sand on her back and rethink positioning too. Thanks again! Pheweeee!

Andy

They all look like a bit out of focus to me (but as Stuart says it might be in the processing).
I think you've got the exposure spot on, I'm not sure about her expressions though.
In the first one I would clone out the hair across her face. Good choice of location and I like the different poses.

Gosh, she's a brave lass :)

But agree with Nicky & Stuart, the 'skin softening' has done no one any favours.

But I really do like where you are going with these, with 1 & 3 a potential to sing with a different processing.

lighting looks great to my untrained/non photographer eyes, but they all look soft

lighting looks great to my untrained/non photographer eyes, but they all look soft

Yes, I was gona say that as well, thay all seems to be too soft o her body and it looks like the focus is on her hair or hat in 1st. Maybe try use smaller aperture.

Thanks again folks for the feedback.

Well I am hopin the softness issues are being asociated with my use of the portraiture plug in for CS5? Best learn how to use it before applying it. So here are a couple of the shots without such skin softening software.

Noticeable?

reeditcb002.jpg

reeditcb001.jpg

Andy

They still not quiet right.
Try to add some sharpening in ps

The new images you posted up are sharp, but the lighting could improve.

What were you using to light the model? A speedlite?

The plugin looks like it's just blurring the skin in the first shot, I wouldn't use that plugin, or tone it down and mask out the areas you don't need the softening.

Back