First bird in flight shots...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
Cracking shots for a first attempt!

#2 is my fave of the three

#3 would take it if the other bird (excuse my ignorance of bird breeds) wasn't in shot and it was cropped a bit tighter

Cracking shots for a first attempt!

#2 is my fave of the three

#3 would take it if the other bird (excuse my ignorance of bird breeds) wasn't in shot and it was cropped a bit tighter

Thanks James, #2 was my favourite of the bunch, until I edited out the Oyster Catcher from the Curlew photo :)

I like no1, You have caught it rightfor me.

#2 for me with nice reflections, #3 needs the Oyster Catcher catcher edited out to clean it up. I've yet to try birds in flight so well done and hope I can do as well when the time comes.

Thanks Andy, Curlew photo added to first post minus the Oyster Catcher. Good luck with your first bird in flight pics....it's becoming an addiction of mine already, trying to get it right....maybe one day I shall succeed lol!

Thanks Ken, I was really pleased when I got the mallards shot. I was using the Tamron 70-300, the same as I used for the woodpecker you commented on yesterday, but I done what you suggested and stepped it down a bit, so thanks for the advice once again :)

Good shots.
Particually like Nos 2 and 4.

Panning for these birds in flight is good practice for when the motorsport season kicks off again so let the addiction keep on!

Nice first shots Martin (y) The thing I would mention though is that the last two have a strong colour cast, sort of greenish yellow I think - should be able to correct it in processing OK.

First bif shots are always mallards, never a curlew, stop showing off, ha ha,
well done......

Panning for these birds in flight is good practice for when the motorsport season kicks off again so let the addiction keep on!

You're right there James, this was my thinking ;)

A nice set. i think the Curlew on its own is a cracker.also the reflections on Mallards.thank you

Thanks.

Nice first shots Martin (y) The thing I would mention though is that the last two have a strong colour cast, sort of greenish yellow I think - should be able to correct it in processing OK.

I did think there was something up with the colours, i'm just learning the whole processing side of things, so will give it a go tomorrow and see what I come up with.

Thanks for the comments :)

Well done a nice set (y) i look forward to seeing some more
Regards
Richard

Back