First bird shots and ID needed please!

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
No
I went to Etherow Park, Stockport this evening and took some bird shots with my new camera.
Light was pretty poor and these birds just have no idea of photo etiquette...Won't keep still for a second!

I'd be grateful if anybody could help me with ID of the bird in the 3rd and 4th shots...Sure it's pretty common, but can't seem to spot it in my handbooks.

Goose...Now you see him...

White_Goose_800.jpg

Now you don't!

White_Goose_1_800.jpg

Mystery bird...

Goose_800.jpg

Goose_1_800.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Anthony

That is a fine picture or two of an Egyptian Goose ... :D ... not that common actually ... ;)

Nice images too ... (y)

:p

Nice shot of a rare bird! (there isn't that much water in Egypt so it must be rare)

Nice shot of a rare bird! (there isn't that much water in Egypt so it must be rare)

Thanks mate,
I've just read up on them on the RSPB site and it says there are around 700 breeding pairs in the UK and they were originally an introduced spieces for ornate ponds.

They are usually seen in Norfolk, so I guess seeing one in the wild up North is pretty rare.
Poor thing must be lost.
I've only got a standard 18-55 kit lens at the moment and spent a couple of minutes walking right next to him snapping away.
He didn't have a care in the world.

Egyptian_Goose_2_800.jpg

Egyptian_Goose_3_800.jpg

Isn't the River Nile the longest river in the world? :shrug:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Still doesnt take up as much of the country as say the Amazon does in Brazil...the delta on that thing is huuuuge!!

True.

I won't mention the Red Sea either :D

Lol touche!!!

Good shots from busby there too....I knew I should have gone there today, decided to stay in and do uni work instead :(

:) Thanks very much mate.
It's amazing what you can stumble on by accident.
I've not been down today, so don't know if he's still there or if he's flown off to find his friends.
I hope he's still there and you get chance to have a look at him.

:) Thanks very much mate.
It's amazing what you can stumble on by accident.
I've not been down today, so don't know if he's still there or if he's flown off to find his friends.
I hope he's still there and you get chance to have a look at him.

On your very last shot, it looks like another one in the background...

Back