Beginner First camera

Edit My Images
No
Hey,
Guys what you think about sony a7rii in 2022? I think to buy it, its gonna be my first camera.
Can I get something better for similar price and what you think about a7rii for begginers? Thanks.
Ps.
I think about landscape photo and some astro;)

Hi and welcome :D

As a first camera it may be a lot to get used to but having said that... why not? And at least you may not feel the need to change it for years to come. Choosing lenses is important and I'd guess you'd want a wide aperture wide field of view lens for astro? 24mm or wider? For landscape the lens depends on your preference and could be almost anything :D

Good luck choosing your kit.

How much do you know about photography? Exposure triangle, aperture, shutter speed and ISO and all that?

Last edited:
Hi thanks for respond;) from lens i think about this monster

Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM | SEL1635GM​

But probably second hand one;)
I just start learning i watch YT, read as much as i can about photography. I was thinking about nikon 750d or canon r as well.

If starting from scratch I'd go mirrorless rather than for a DSLR. I think the advantages for DSLR's are few and far between these days but you have to compare specific models to be sure. The biggest advantage I can see for DSLR's is that some of the kit is temptingly cheap. Other than that, I struggle to see an advantage, for me at least.

What about Canon R?
Also a good all round camera. Did you try them out? If not I would get along to a shop and see how you get along with the handling, controls and menus. For a first camera the truth is you can’t really go wrong in my opinion.

What about Canon R?

Sorry, no idea but someone will be along shortly who does have an idea.

From the outside looking in it seems expensive and Canon don't have the widest range of lenses but of course you can probably use Canon DSLR lenses via an adapter.

Maybe it'll be a good idea to look for the whole package, camera and lens, and see what system fills your needs best.

Dont buy that "monster" lens. Get the way lighter and cheaper F4 version and a Prime. Sony make really sharp 55mm and 85mm that are superb for their price

Dont buy that "monster" lens. Get the way lighter and cheaper F4 version and a Prime. Sony make really sharp 55mm and 85mm that are superb for their price

f4 could be a problem for astro. Fine for landscape maybe.

Im fine to buy lens just for astro but, i dont want to spend on it same money like for "monster" one;) so if I can safe some on landscape lens i can put this on astro.

Im fine to buy lens just for astro but, i dont want to spend on it same money like for "monster" one;) so if I can safe some on landscape lens i can put this on astro.

I think with astro you'll want a reasonably wide aperture of f2.8 or wider? With landscape you'll have to decide if you want a zoom or a prime and what focal length or lengths interest you. I could be wrong but I'd imagine that a wide aperture wont be as important for a landscape lens as many people like to stop down when taking landscape shots to get more depth of field so you are likely to stop down maybe you might not need a f1.x or f2.x lens for that.

Back