First crack at a home studio set up

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

So my 2nd set off triggers turned up so I can now use all my speedlights at once! I've been playing around with them today, whats your favourite?

Any opinons welcome!

last one looks good.

Yep, also prefer the last one but think you need more lighting on the eyes.

Thanks guys; I brightened up the eyea in post but you're right I could of repositioned the main light lower

Yeah, it's pretty important to get a catchlight in there if you can (most of the time) as it adds life to the eyes. Other than that I like what you've done with the last two.

Quite nice, I would have used a reflector to remove the shadows from eyes. Also I personally would have taken the pics from a bit different angle - I try to avoid strong contrasts in background at neck level. But it might be just me :)

For me number 1 as you have light on the face - but not too much, the one thing I would add, if (as I think) you are lighting from both sides reduce one side to add some shadow/contrast on the side?

The others are just a tad too dark on the face for me. As Ed said - try a reflector - in all of them including #1?

I would also throw something dark over the sofa - the switch in the background is a little distracting.

Good efforts - keep practicing

Thanks for the reply guys. Think I'll set it up again and use a reflector for the eyes

Back