First Dynamic Photo HDR

Edit My Images
No
This is my first real try at tone mapping using Dynamic Photo HDR software. Done some HDR's before in CS3 and 2 but never messed about with the tone mapping. What do you think?

2232735849_1e93547c5b.jpg

I would have preferred to see a bigger version but I do like it.

Now that i do like! I've played around with photomatix and FDR Tools, but neither really give me the output i'm after.

Do you have a linky to that software?

I agree, fantastic colours.

Good work. (y)

*Sits and waits for the link to the software*

Can you tonemap an image if it isnt a combined 3 made into an HDR first?

Ie can you tonemap a single RAW or a single tiff?

Yes. You are best off using a RAW, as it already has more dynamic range than a JPG - they're generally 12 bit, I think, rather than 8 bit. Use RAW conversion software three times - making JPGs of high, medium and low exposure - and put them together again. Tonemapping can be an effective filter effect when applied like this.

It's never going to be anything like the results from multiple exposures, though. The 'point' of HDR is to bring out detail in highlights and shadows simultaneously - and this is still limited severely by the sensor.

Nice Image.

Only problems I can see are the extremely noisy sky (easily fixed with a bit of NR) and the strange hexagonal mark in the sky. I guess it's something on the lens and a 6 bladed iris. again, easily fixed post capture. I quite like the softness of it though.

Back