First ever Macro...(Cranefly I think)

Name
William
Edit My Images
Yes
How did I doo?

Its a reversed 18-55mm on a Canon 400D...

What else should I put up about the shot?

C&C Welcomed guys! :)

4099060560_1fc1ee9877_o.jpg

Last edited:
wow fantastic detail in this shot. Maybe put what it is in the title :LOL:

Pretty good detail albeit the shot has got a very shallow DOF, leading to blurring immediately before and after the main focal point (the eye). If you think close-up photography is something to pursue, then it might be worth investing in a proper macro-lens or get a Raynox DCR-250 macro conversion lensa to fit your current glass :)

Okipoki.. thanks for the comments.

The reverse rings cost me about £3 off ebay so it was more of a punt to see what happened.

I'm experimenting with better DoFs:)

(y)

If/when you serch for 'Raynox' here on TP you'll find many threads from the macro & close-up section you'll find plenty of example piccies that provide a good indication of it's capabilities (and limitations). Compared to other add-on solutions, imo the Raynox gives very good 'bangs for the buck' in terms of value for money!

good first attempt and cheap too :) I can recommend the Raynox DCR-250 as a cheaper alternative to true macro lenses. I use it for all my macro shots, here is an example.......

as an even cheaper alternative if the subject is not going to be moving you can stack up the images for a better focus. I haven't tried this stacking technique myself but it is on my list of things to do.

Back