First ever studio shoot. Terrance and a beautiful model.

Name
Sammy
Edit My Images
Yes
I would really appreciate it if people would take a look at my Personal 52 and leave a few comments on my first studio shoot :)

I am quite proud of my images, from my first ever studio shoot, and a lot of other threads labelled first studio shoot seem to be getting a lot more comments, which i find a bit disheartening.

I no its a link, which normally doesnt go down to well, but i really would appreciate some more comments.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=290708&page=2

5544674147_d3573825a4_b.jpg

5545237752_8f5f778756_b.jpg

5545220754_8d6f32830f_b.jpg

5544626167_647b77bb82_b.jpg

5544592023_c61294ac8b_b.jpg

Last edited:
These images were taken at a Red Nose day event, which i decided to go along to, to start me off with some studio photography :)
I had a great time. And am proud of my images!

Thank you to Minky Rae and her snake terrance.
And to Tom Edge for helping me with my first basics on lighting.

hi sammy, i can't really offer any constructive feedback on the lighting as i've never used a studio either.

I can say however, that they 'look' great.. model is very unique and i'm sure she would be worth keeping in touch with for future shoots.

The downside for me is that there is just too much going on. Too many colours what with the tatoos, the red undies, the blue flower, the green snake.. this isn't something that converting to B&W would fix because i think that would spoil it altogether.. maybe it's just the model is kind of stealing the limelight from the snake if you catch my drift.

Like i said though, the images themselves are brill (y)

lighting looks o be spot on
might have been better if the model had looked into the camera with wider eyes

The tights don't work (sorry) look wrong and off putting

is good, but should the snakes head be in focus too?
Or perhaps just the snakes head, closer with DOF blurring the model?

Thank you :)
I agree about the tights as written in my 52.
And also about the last image. I have one where they are all in focus, and i think one where just the snake is in focus. So i must have posted the wrong one!

hi sammy, i can't really offer any constructive feedback on the lighting as i've never used a studio either.

I can say however, that they 'look' great.. model is very unique and i'm sure she would be worth keeping in touch with for future shoots.

The downside for me is that there is just too much going on. Too many colours what with the tatoos, the red undies, the blue flower, the green snake.. this isn't something that converting to B&W would fix because i think that would spoil it altogether.. maybe it's just the model is kind of stealing the limelight from the snake if you catch my drift.

Like i said though, the images themselves are brill (y)

Thank you. She is an old friend from college, who i hadn't seen for ages as she quit half way through. So it was nice to see her again, and hopefully we will keep in contact.

If anyone is interested my best image is in the photographer of the year comp. Under 'be still'. And as the rules state it must not have been used before on this site, so im not posting it anywhere else for a while.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=300389&page=2

Number 33.

For me the tattoo's and the snake were in competition for top spot, this made the pictures to "busy".

Back