first falconry outing coming up

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

got my first falconry outing coming up on friday. its a full day affair so i am hoping that there will be plenty of opportunities to get the camera out.

I have never shot birds of prey before so i'm not sure what settings i should have on the camera. I only have three lenses - 50mm F1.8 sigma 17-70mm and canon 75-300mm I don't want to keep swapping lenses so think i will stick with the 17-70mm and I am sure there will be plenty close up shots. cameras a 50d btw.

so I ask you experts, what would you suggest the lens and camera settings should be.

thanks in advance

Eoghan

If they are in flight you will need your 75-300. After the flight shoot the 17-70 should be best for close ups but you will know your lenses.

Where are you going?

hi,

off to pheonix falconry... at braco castle in perthshire.

Kodak has a webcam over a nest of peregrine falcons in Rochester, NY. Kaver and Mariah have raised 3 if not 4 families of five babes and the cameras follow them from nest building, egg laying and sitting, hatching and until they are fully fledged and leave the nest.
Kaver isn't back yet, he normally shows up early in March, but Mariah has been seen.
http://rfalconcam.com/rfc-main/gvasAndKodak.php
and follow the links to Falcon Watch.
I find the main camera is the best one to follow although there are four. You can down-load the pictures but its wonderful just to have it running on the computer and keep flashing back to it from whatever you are doing.
Enjoy your day out !
Sally

Back