First family portraits

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
My first attempt at family portraits all cc welcome.
Set up was backdrop with Artic white paper and 2 Elinchrom D lites.
1 light on the background and 1 on the subjects.

S5.jpg

S4.jpg

S9.jpg

S8.jpg

S7.jpg

S1.jpg

#4 and #5 are great shots John, just think you need to work on your post processing. I'm no expert in masking but there's no depth in #1, it just looks like you've cut the image out of a magazine and stuck it on white paper.....there's nothing wrong with a few shadows :). A few level adjustments will work wonders mate.

noticed you are using PS...hope you don't mind as you have the edit button ticked...I just gave this one a little tweak with levels, applied a little sharpening and noise reduction (via noise ninja plugin)...

sample by dobinio, on Flickr

Last edited:
#4 and #5 are great shots John, just think you need to work on your post processing. I'm no expert in masking but there's no depth in #1, it just looks like you've cut the image out of a magazine and stuck it on white paper.....there's nothing wrong with s few shadows :)

Thanks for taking the time to comment much appreciated. I would agree with the post processing part as it's something I need to work on. Finding my way with photoshop and Lightroom.

John.

noticed you are using PS...hope you don't mind as you have the edit button ticked...I just gave this one a little tweak with levels, applied a little sharpening and noise reduction (via noise ninja plugin)...

Not in the least appreciate the editing it has made a real difference to the image.

John.

Back