First football shots

Redpaul

Suspended / Banned
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Took these yesterday (Saturday) at my old football club.
AFC Craigavon v Omagh United in the Mid-Ulster Intermediate League.
It was a very dull day so I bumped the ISO up to 1600-3200 just to get a 1/200 shutter speed which explains why they're not that good.

The first one is Omagh manager Roy McCreadie who will be familiar to people here in Northern Ireland.

3166977285_b84c62e84a.jpg

3166968981_a0f43bc8ea.jpg

3167815388_846b226336.jpg

3166955713_8cd96fb8ca.jpg

3167817890_e474fc62e6.jpg

Paul

Last edited:
Glad to see I wasn't the only one struggling with the weather Paul :(,They look quite clean given the ISO. I Use Nikon D2h's & they do not like anything over ISO 800 believe me!:crying:. Kind regards Graham.

The second is very nice ! Well caught - sure that looks even better in bigger size!
Is it just me or do the colors seem to fade from photo to the next.
FIrst (action shot) one has very strong colors, second had good ones... then third and last shot seem quite faded. Could just be my monitor of course...
I like the ref in the second action shot.. just looks like he's watching the game.

Is it just me or do the colors seem to fade from photo to the next.
FIrst (action shot) one has very strong colors, second had good ones... then third and last shot seem quite faded.

You're right. They were taken in the second half and it was getting dark so they were very noisy. The colour fade is probably the effects of NoiseNinja. Just learning how to use it.

Paul

Im looking into getting into football photography... well im testing all waters at the mo to see what i enjoy the most.

im currently the founder and manager of Longbenton F.C and im looking at getting some images for my website when we kick off the club next season..

i currently have a Sony Alpha 350 with a 18-70mm and also a Vivitar 28-210mm AF lens which i got off ebay for £50 ( was that a good deal or had i been ripped off ).

will that equipment suffice for football photography or would i need anything else?

The guy on the back post in no. 2 looks tiny!?!

I play in goal myself so would love some shots like this of me jumping up from a corner, flapping at the ball, falling on my arse, and then watching the ball go in the net :p

im a goalkeeper but just become manager and treasurer of a club so it looks like ill have to hang me boots up (at 24) unless the keepers *****e

when taking these pictures.. what setting are you using?

Was using aperture priority and shooting at f/5.6
It was giving me a shutter speed of 1/200 and 1/320.
Also had the ISO at between 1600 and 3200 because it was so dull.
Probably not the best settings but i need to learn from my mistakes (y)

Paul

Back