First Garden HDR Pic - Thoughts please

ppp

Edit My Images
Yes
This is the first pic I have done with photomatix that has actually worked and looks good, i think, what do you think, granted the subject is not very exciting but saw the clouds and thought it would be a good chance to try the software out. Up till now all the results have been disappointing mainly due to subject.

gardenhdr1000.jpg

Thanks for looking

made from 1 raw saved to 3 tif's

You can tell it's only one RAW file because there's still an overexposed bit of sky near the trees on the left. Using multiple RAW files at different exposures would have eliminated that.

Good first attempt though and I'm glad that you've managed to keep it looking natural in terms of saturation etc. Most people go nuts with their first HDR attempts and produce stuff that makes you think you're on acid!!! :bonk:

I like this processing (although the subject/compostion doesn't quite do it for me!)

Great first attempt nicely balanced imho!

And I'm a self confessed over the top HDR fan !!!

looks very dramatic
sky a bit blown in places
and a bit of a halo round the trees on the left
not bad tho' not bad at all!

composition spoils it, too much sky and not enough garden for me, good use of HDR though :)

Cool thanks guys i realise the subject is crappy but with the sky how it was it was a good first test for me and the software with a shot worth hdr'ing most other shots i had tried previously were not the right subject.

Will have to try and find something more exciting for the next effort

thanks for the input as always

I think it look pretty darn good (i'm only a beginner though and I only learnt what HDR was last week!)

as you said, the subject isn't up to much, but it's nicely processed

Lots of cloud action going on there (y)

As said above a good learning experiment :)

Not enough range in 1 raw. Tripod and try bracketed exposures next time.

Back