First gig pics, Foo Fighters at Newcastle

Name
David Bridges
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Had an amazing time last night at foo fighters very good live band ! Took my trusty Fujifilm F650 :p just to see what i could get, i was pretty pleased, managed to get to the front a few times to get pictures so that was good !

What do you think

2001250272648969184_rs.jpg

2001263921337360999_rs.jpg

Resized pretty dramatically i hope there ok.

Thanks for viewing

Dave

Nice,I like these, not that I am jealous that you saw them or anything :razz:

Dang! I bet it was good. Nice lighting in those pictures.

(I am jealous.)

They're good - pretty noisy, but they're sharp. I prefer the one of Dave Grohl - its a "cleaner" image - not as much background distraction as there is in the bottom one.

Good shots

you'd poo yourself if you read the photo contract issued by the FF's record and PR company when togs arrived at the photopit
Does any of the stuff apply to general members of the audience ?

oh and thanks for the comments. They were really really good live ! well worth the money !

you'd poo yourself if you read the photo contract issued by the FF's record and PR company when togs arrived at the photopit

Does any of the stuff apply to general members of the audience ?

I'd like to know that too...........if we are "audience" rather than "pro's" can we do what we like with our shots?

...ooops forgot to say....Nice work! I like the lighting in #1, but he's a bit too central for me. Try to put him on a "thirds" line if possible...it just looks better.

Ok here we go this is from one of my mates who went to do one of the gigs:

In order to be granted 'limited rights' to photograph the band, you have to agree to assign all rights, copyrights, moral rights, and interests in the photos to the Foo Fighters (or more likely, their management - it's hard to imagine the band themselves are that interested in making money from your photos).
You can't even lay claim to be the photographer, if you assign your moral rights over. They demand the rights to use, publish, sell and do whatever they wish with the photos, and they won't even guarantee you a photo credit.

Still, at least they'll allow you to use the photos ONCE in a specific article, as long as it will not remain published for longer than 12 months - oh, and you're not allowed to re-use them, not even for self promotion or portfolio - and if you get sued for the content of the photos (probably the only time they'll allow you to be classed as the author) - you indemnify them against any and all action.

needless to say he didn't do the gig!

Great shots!!! Great Band!!

My student daughter was serving burgers at the Metro Centre during the gig -its a small world!!

Great pics, especially the first one. Im not impressed with the contract issue, think ill stick to the local bands they love having their picture taken.

Back