First go at High Key

Dino f

Wiiiiilmmmaaaaaaaa
Name
Dean Feltimo
Edit My Images
Yes
Zara High-Key
This is my first attempt at b&w High Key photography.
Have i gone to far with the brightness. C&C please.
Thanks
Dean:)
zara-hikey.jpg

No I don't think so, you haven't gone too far... the face and hair could still take a fair bit more exposure/highlighting in my opinion.

No I don't think so, you haven't gone too far... the face and hair could still take a fair bit more exposure/highlighting in my opinion.

this was my 1st impression but tbh i dont know enough about high key..

nice effort though ..

md(y)

I do like high key when it's done well and this is a good commendable effort. (y)

It really is best achieved with careful lighting though, and it isn't easy. That's not to say the effect can't be achieved in editing or a good base image tweaked, but I find those images the exception rather than the rule.

You've done pretty well with this but the area around her left temple (our right) is well blown and theres no recovering detail in that area. That's the only real bar to you going lighter overall with the whole image as the rest of the highlights are pretty well still under control.

The shadow under the lady's chin isn't particularly flattering so I've selectively lightened that area and just lightened the shot a bit more overall but it would have been so much better if you'd kept that left temple area under control.

zara-hikey-2.jpg

Commendable effort though - it's not easy! :)

Cheers guys.
CT- Thanks, thats a great improvement, i'll go and see if i can replicate that on the hi res.
Dean:)

I like high key shots Dean and this is a great effort..(y)

Back