First go at Light Painting

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Subject isn't the best but it was the technique i was most interested in.

So any C&C is appreciated.

Thanks
Craig

Last edited:
The white balance seems a little off to me, the whites look a little blue :thinking: and could also do with a little more light on the tube in the shadow area but really not bad for a first attempt (y) what light source were you using for the painting?

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks

Ye i did think that i needed more light in the tube and looking at it now you've said, the white areas do have hint of blue. And it was the flash light off my phone.

Craig

Looks evenly lit and such. Just looks slightly underexposed. Good for a first attempt though, I think a bigger/more powerful light is needed?

In addition to the previouse comments, I think that if the bottom of the tube was removed, you could get a good amount of light coming over the crisps from the inside. I think this would add more interest to the image.

Looks evenly lit and such. Just looks slightly underexposed. Good for a first attempt though, I think a bigger/more powerful light is needed?

Thanks. Ye i am definately going to change the light source next time.

In addition to the previouse comments, I think that if the bottom of the tube was removed, you could get a good amount of light coming over the crisps from the inside. I think this would add more interest to the image.

Thanks. And i see what you mean, won't hurt to try will it.

Back