First go @ Pano

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Nothing technical, pressed shutter turned camera 8 times. Trial software (hence logo center pic) Panorama Factory...just let it do it automatically.
Any help or advice appreciated.

pano1rh.jpg

TFL.
Ken.

There was a good set of article in this months DP mag on Pano's. Main advice was once correct exposure set in camera, then set everything to manual/locked including WB before taking the set of shots. Also had reviews of the dedicated tripods for the job.

Hi Ken

I try to take a pano of all sites I fly before take off. I have learned that is normally best to take shots between 35-50mm and use fixed exposure as DJW says to prevent dark or light areas that you cannot balance. I use Arcsoft panorama maker for basic shots or photoDELETED for more elaborate work although it can be done if you are clever in PS (I'm not).

Your one is a bit like my early ones, a bit too wide so you end up with a record of what is in front of you but not a very interesting or easy to view photo.

You can have some fun with this technique like my two wives pointing out the view behind them :LOL:
jacqui-panorama-asitz.jpg

Never tried this myself (yet) but looking at the bigger pic in Photoshop I can't see the joins, so that in one way is a success.

As to the pic - well I think it might need more sky to tie one side of the hill to the other, and I think I might be inclined to crop just to the centre to make the hill the main focal point

A quick try gave me this - (Hope you don't mind)

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/1021/panoa2dt6ak.jpg - Made a link as it is over forum size limits

TFS

PS Is it the Pennines?

Allan

Back