First go with 100L and MT-24 (bit gross) Additional photos added to thread!

Name
Edward Bray
Edit My Images
Yes
My 100L arrived this morning along with a step up ring from 67mm-72mm so I was able to mount the MT-24 (only had the macrolite adapter 72C) on to the 100L. SWo first use with both!

I took a quick shot and all seems well, will have a proper play when I get back from the PO.

1:1
100L.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the new gear Ed, good to see Syphilis making a comeback too :LOL:

Congrats on the new gear Ed, good to see Syphilis making a comeback too :LOL:

LOL :LOL: I am getting an MP-E 65 next week too, so will be looking for some advice on its use.

I love the MT-24, it is much more versatile than the MR-14 I had before, will take a bit of getting used to though, I will have to sort out some kind of diffusion for it as it can be a bit harsh!

Nice one Ed, you will love and hate the mp-e but love it more than hate :LOL: The mt 24 is great but with the mp-e it does get in the way a bit I think especially with diffusers attached. I set my custom function to operate the focus lamps with a double half press of the shutter, most useful (little tip there for you) ;)

Been out in the garden and all I could find were a couple of Roy Orbison spiders.

Not great, but it shows that the lens and flash work,

Spidey1.jpg

Spidey2.jpg

2Spidey.jpg

2spider2.jpg

I wasn't sure that the IS was working. As has been said before the IS in this lens is pretty much silent and as it's a shorter focal length doesn't seem so obvious in use as it would on a 70-200L or a 100-400L or even the 24-105L all of which I have owned in the past.

I took the shot below of the front room door catch and screw handheld (rested my elbow on the arm of the settee) at 1:1 using just available light on the 7D, 1/30 sec f2.8 @ 3200ISO. Quite pleased and it shows that the IS does work. Focus was by sinle AF spot and focussed on the bottom half of the screw.

Screw-1.jpg

Been out in the garden and all I could find were a couple of Roy Orbison spiders.

Not great, but it shows that the lens and flash work,

The flash is quite harsh in the later two isn't it, will a diffuser sort this issue out?

Loving the syphillis and the screw image very much! The detail is brilliant!

And the IS does not affect image quality at all! :D

I look forward to seeing some very close up images from you with this lens. :D(y)

Get 2 of these from Flash and use Velcro dots to attach them to your MT24 (the black arms just pull off so so you can use the diffuser bit on its own)- I've added some extra diffusion plates to mine also .

3906374863_9192a3a992.jpg

Get 2 of these from Flash and use Velcro dots to attach them to your MT24 (the black arms just pull off so so you can use the diffuser bit on its own)- I've added some extra diffusion plates to mine also .

3906374863_9192a3a992.jpg

Thanks, I have ordered a pair (y)

The flash is quite harsh in the later two isn't it, will a diffuser sort this issue out?

Loving the syphillis and the screw image very much! The detail is brilliant!

And the IS does not affect image quality at all! :D

I look forward to seeing some very close up images from you with this lens. :D(y)

(y)

Lots of potential there! Good luck with the new gear(y)

Appreciated (y)

LOL :LOL: I am getting an MP-E 65 next week too, so will be looking for some advice on its use.

I love the MT-24, it is much more versatile than the MR-14 I had before, will take a bit of getting used to though, I will have to sort out some kind of diffusion for it as it can be a bit harsh!

The MT24EX can be harsh but I would suggest playing around with the position and angle of the heads :thinking: I've found it makes a HUGE difference to the image :cool:

Back