First go with a "proper" macro lens.

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I traded one of my "medium size" lenses for a couple of smaller ones, one of which was a macro lens, these are the results of a quick 5 min session in the green house. Be gentle it IS my first go with a macro lens and it is at the cheaper end of the scale.

Spider is pretty much how it came from the camera, just sharpened a little and the hover flys were also cropped and i used the onboard flash. The second hover fly pic is a complete mistake as i basically forgot to set the camera up so its over exposed but i kinda like it :thinking:.

Thanks for looking.

spidey.jpg

hover1.jpg

hover2.jpg

Love those hoverfly shots. Nice and close. I wonder whether they could be sharpened a little more, though.

they look good for a first go.

I would say a bit over exposed on the last 2 but that could be sorted out in PP. Camera settings maybe a higher number on the F. next time to give you that lil extra in the dof.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments :).

I realise the hoverflys were over exposed, particularly the last one (was actually the first and wasn't till i took it realised i forgot to check the metering), but i think it gives it "something", eyes look almost metallic?, can't put my finger on it but i quite like the outcome of the "mistake".

I'll be practising over the weekend, bugs willing :D.

Back