First headshot

Edit My Images
No
hi this is my first serious go at trying to get a reasonable headshot result all comments more then welcome thanks colin
2335909512_97be879663.jpg

Lovely eyes, but its cropped way too tightly, as in I dont know where her hands are coming from, they might not even be hers :D

It's a nice shot, the eyes are sharp which is the main thing to get right. My only critique would be that for just a head shot, you don't need the hands where they are. Hands would be ok if you were getting more of the model in the shot. But here, with the shallow depth of field they look out of focus.

Doesn't look soft to me, and those eyes are really looking great!

I think the model's eyes are great and expression is captivating.
Personally though, Id chop a bit off the top, just to where the top edge of her left wrist starts.
'As is' it looks a bit disjointed, but when I chop the top her whole face really pops!

Jmo of course. :)

Eyes are stunning, as stated hands are distracting especially as not focused they would work if all the arms in shot and sharp, stil lovelly shot

(y) I think it's a great shot and what beautiful eyes! I can also see that the arms belong to her, they seem to frame her head. I like it! (y)

Thanks again for all your comments i am quite new to photography and at present only have a cheap kodak camera which i took the picture with, i hope to upgrade when i can afford to do so, but a suppose leaning how to compose a picture can be more important then the quality of the image?

Back