Beginner First image post

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, my first submission for C&C, the BW shot is my Dad with my Border Terrier George, behind them
Is Staward Gorge in the North Pennines, the colour shot was taken at the end of an autumnal walk near
Alston in the North Pennines, all advice taken as I’m trying to improve FB_IMG_1544357424185.jpgIMG_20191103_090943_244.jpg

Ok I'll start- welcome to the forum first of all

The 1st image is fine apart from one small issue ( well for me anyway) Whilst the Dog is looking into the lens, your father is not, just seems a little wrong to me :) but that's just my opinion

2nd image- well I cannot find any part of this image in focus, a small aperture say f8- f11 would render most of that scene in focus - it needs a focal point too
somewhere to engage the viewer, etc etc The colours seem over saturated and the highlights at the end of the path are over exposed and create a weird highlight area

my I ask what settings you used on your camera, ISO shutter speed and aperure ?

Keep it up it does get easier with practise trust me - as said the 1st image is not too shabby - a little underexposed perhaps !

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'll start- welcome to the forum first of all

The 1st image is fine apart from one small issue ( well for me anyway) Whilst the Dog is looking into the lens, the father is not, just seems a little wrong to me :) but that's just my opinion

2nd image- well I cannot find any part of this image in focus, a small aperture say f8- f11 would render most of that scene in focus - it needs a focal point too
somewhere to engage the viewer, etc etc The colours seem over saturated and the highlights at the end of the path are over exposed and create a weird highlight area

my I ask what settings you used on your camera, ISO shutter speed and aperure ?

Keep it up it does get easier with practise trust me - as said the 1st image is not too shabby

It looks like the dog is looking past the lens, something like my dog did, when I held a treat up in my left hand. Although I did try and hold the treat slightly behind my left ear, to get the impression my dog was looking into the lens. I think it might be the expression, on the father's face. Maybe it would have been better, if the father had a big grin, as though he and the dog had spotted someone in the dsitance.

I wonder if it's not that the 2nd image is out of focus, rather very low resolution?

Welcome to the forum!

I agree could be a very low resolution, without the EXIF, it's hard to be 100%

Image size 1024 x102 with a pixel per inch of just 72

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all, I really appreciate your comments and will bear these in mind for future shots, I am still finding my feet with regards to editing etc so as you have pointed out the saturation may be a little heavy

Back