First Kingfisher

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent the last two days waiting for a decent shot of a KF at Mere Sands Wood after a tip from Just Dave.

This is what I got, even though it's a large crop more than happy.

C&C welcome

Gary

Well let me be the first to congratulate you.
Whooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :clap::clap::clap:
Edit. Second :LOL:

Very nice Gary :clap: pleased you got there and seen it (y)

Thanks for the tip Dave it's a really nice place. The KF were on the opposite bank to the Rufford Hide just out of reach. Then low and behold just as I was about to back in this fella came along and sat on the perch :D

This is what I got, even though it's a large crop more than happy.

I'd be more than happy with that as well...........super shot:clap:

I'd be more than happy with that as well...........super shot:clap:

Thanks Crusher it's another one ticked off the list. Just need to get a better shot but for the first time I'm more than happy.

Well worth the wait :) nicely taken. It looks a little noisy, but then that could be down to the large crop.

A young male I think, from the small white tip on the end of the beak, and the slight darkening to the front of the feet.

Well worth the wait :) nicely taken. It looks a little noisy, but then that could be down to the large crop.

A young male I think, from the small white tip on the end of the beak, and the slight darkening to the front of the feet.

Thanks for your honest reply Toonamp. I thought it was a bit noisy but was so excited at getting it I only did a quick edit. Will look at trying to reduce the noise as much as I can later (y)

Nice shot Gary and nice perch. (y)

Quality is bound to suffer a little with a large crop and it often shows up in the form of bg noise especially when you have a nice diffused bg like this one. You don't have to live with it though - you can run NR on the BG.

This is with BG noise reduction a levels wb tweak...

3818020263_d380265bda_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shot Gary and nice perch. (y)

Thank you for the comment CT. Means alot to me coming from you and the outstanding photo's you produce. :wave:

Love the edit, makes the shot much better. Will spend some time on the original to get rid of the noise :)

well done on getting your kingfisher shot bet you were chuffed to bits when he came along they are fantastic birds to watch so good luck in getting some more

Thanks Kaz, spent over 6 hours today watching an adult and this youngster but they were to far away. Adult kept chasing this one away but he kept coming back for more. Just as I was about to pack in this one came along and sat on the perch. Chuffed to bits is an understatement, first a Bittern at the weekend and now this :D

Last edited:
Agree with others Gary, lovely shot. (y)

Just discovered them in a stream next to my house but not photographed them yet

Thanks Kaz, spent over 6 hours today watching them but they were to far away then just as I was about to pack in this one came along and sat in the perch. Chuffed is not the word, first a Bittern at the weekend and now this :D

forgot you had the bittern to you have had a great week then wonder what will be next well done anyway I have only had a brief glimpse of a bittern but now you get the kingfisher bug and want more and more:LOL:

He's a colourful little fella, well done Gary :)

forgot you had the bittern to you have had a great week then wonder what will be next well done anyway I have only had a brief glimpse of a bittern but now you get the kingfisher bug and want more and more:LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Got another week off work, what next :shrug:

Back