First Long Exposure

Edit My Images
Yes
So i got a Haida 10 stop ND, and went for an experiment. Was hoping for a sunset but weather was terrible. Thought it turned out ok, considering the rain and the sinking sand!

The Yellow Bouy by sharris86, on Flickr

Taken @West Kirby, Wirral with Hilbre Island in the distance

Anyway let us know what you think...

Last edited:
I really love the lighting of the sky and the texture in the sand. Not keen on the yellow buoy though., but that is just my personal taste.

Last edited:
i like it too, suppose the buoy acts as foreground interest. Not sure whether it would be better with or without it.

Phil

This is lovely, great colours! Can I ask what the purpose of doing it as a long exposure was though? It doesn't look like there would have been much movement in the water, was it to smooth out the clouds? I'm not criticising, just wanting to understand if the same result could have been achieved without the filter and long exposure as I'd like to have a go at something like this myself in the future. Is it just that the lens wouldn't stop down far enough to give the exposure you were going for?

glad you put the static buoy in..it gives an anchor to what would have been a long exposure shot with no point of interest
the yellow is ok with me...better than blue
cheers
geof

Back