First Macro Post !

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I finally got to spend some time with my new toy at the weekend (a Nikon 105)

What do you think ?? Its loosing a bit of sharpness in the re-sizing process. Im not brave enough to try and take pics of anything that moves yet :LOL:

There's something very strange going on in the L/H and bottom edges, looks like its stretched.

There's something very strange going on in the L/H and bottom edges, looks like its stretched.

Yeps its weird, I must admit I thought I had cropped it all out, but missed that bit. Its a stacked image, its the stacking that caused the problems. I've not used the software enough to know why, but it only happened around the edges.

Andy brought an A3 print of this photo into my office earlier on this afternoon. It's an amazing sight - it really has to be seen to be believed. The small photo above doesn't do it justice.

Yeps its weird, I must admit I thought I had cropped it all out, but missed that bit. Its a stacked image, its the stacking that caused the problems. I've not used the software enough to know why, but it only happened around the edges.

Ahh.....Which stacking software are you using ? I've been messing around with CombineZP and Helicon focus and your getting better results than me - how many shots did you stack ?

re-sizing shouldn't have any effect on sharpness - why not host it on your website and control the re-sizing yourself? Nice shot - red is hard to do - most digi cameras don't like that much red - mine don't!

Ahh.....Which stacking software are you using ? I've been messing around with CombineZP and Helicon focus and your getting better results than me - how many shots did you stack ?

It was combineZM that I used, with 3 shots in the stack. Had a few disasters with down to camera movement, but with the weird effects only being at teh edges of the resulting image, i didnt think it was that problem with this shot.

re-sizing shouldn't have any effect on sharpness - why not host it on your website and control the re-sizing yourself? Nice shot - red is hard to do - most digi cameras don't like that much red - mine don't!

Ive struggled with reds when using full flash, especially on flowers. What probably helped with this shot was a good percentage of daylight.

Back