first motorsport pics

Name
lee
Edit My Images
Yes
they are by no means good but i could do with some tips on how i can better myself i was only using the standard kit lens on the 400d anyway here we go

track 200sx
IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

You can do better by buying a longer lens ;) The on track ones are far to far away. Also the parked up ones look like car park shots so go for deatil shots or think outside the box :)

Aye, lots of people walk in front of you at these events :bang:

Sigma 70-300 APO DG MACRO is the one I use and it is only £99 :)

For £200 I am sure you can get better. Hoepfully someone will come along and tell you :p

Are you a fellow SXOC member??

I've been waiting to see some pictures of that 200sx on track, the workmanship is incredible. Don't suppose there are any video's of it around?

As for comments, I think Matt has summed it up.

Some look a little dark to me and you need a longer lens. The Sigma 70-300 APO version (not the cheaper non-APO version) is well worth getting.

I would suggest using Tv mode if the cars are moving with AI Servo focussing, or Av mode if they're not, with One Shot focussing. Shutter speeds - depends on the effect you want. 1/320 is normally a safe bet for blurred wheels, but can drop a lot for panning shots.

Nice pics there, you seem to have the hang of panning from what I can tell, as others have said a longer lens would help a lot (I have one of THESE which may still not be long enough for what you needed there, but would mean you'd need to crop less off)

Were these taken at Elvington by any chance?

Back