First night time shoot.

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
No
Never really been out at night time before with my camera, usually I'd go out at sunsets, but tonight was quite a cool experience.

IMGP6063small.jpg

Taken with 3 second shutter speed, f/8, 55mm on a Pentax K100D with a sigma 55-200.

I'm going to head down again maybe this weekend and try a few more shots. I took one using the tungsten white balance setting which gave me an awesome purple sky, but the rest of the photo was a mess, poorly framed and too bright.

All crit welcome :)

If you shoot raw, I would tweak the white balance on this. Not sure re compisition, there is a lot of dead space above and below, perhaps a landscape crop would be better?

I shot all of last nights photos in JPEG, I hadn't cleared my card since the Christening. I think I used the daylight white balance setting, I was toying about with it quite a bit, so I'll give it another blast next time I'm down. Ill give the landscape a shot too, I might try zooming in a bit more tonight or tomorrow aswell.

Thanks for the advice.

I shot all of last nights photos in JPEG, I hadn't cleared my card since the Christening. I think I used the daylight white balance setting, I was toying about with it quite a bit, so I'll give it another blast next time I'm down. Ill give the landscape a shot too, I might try zooming in a bit more tonight or tomorrow aswell.

Thanks for the advice.

Ahh ok. Definately want to be shooting raw, the control over dodgy light you have in PP is awesome.

Gary.

Back