First outing with my bargain macro

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
No
Rather pleased with my purchase this morning of a Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG Macro. (£249 for canon fit in Jessops) I was also rather pleased that the sun was shining briefly so had a chance to try it out. This was my first shot of 200 and although it may not be very good it was the best of the lot! It was rather windy so I didn't get a lot of keepers.
C&C welcome. I feel this is the start of a long journey for me.

3842358953_1bfdcc1923.jpg

Not bad for a first attempt,I have a sigma 105 and it takes a while to get used to it. But when you do they are a cracking little lens and you will be amazed with the picture quality nice shot keep it up.(y)

thats great! it sure is a lovely lens, found mine was best around f11.

Yes it will be a long journey, but my god, it makes you look at the world differently!

A macro lens is my next purchase too. I love the stuff you can do with these. :)

This is great, I can't wait until I can save up for a macro lens!

My plan was saving for one as well, but when Jessops reduced this one I couldn't wait. I've had more fun with this lens in one day than I have with my others in the past month.

Not bad for a first attempt,I have a sigma 105 and it takes a while to get used to it. But when you do they are a cracking little lens and you will be amazed with the picture quality nice shot keep it up.(y)

I'm very impressed with it already, but quite different from my kit lens and 55-250 IS. Auto focus is slow and clunky but I shouldn't be using AF anyway. Hoping for a less windy day noiw. And I really need to make sure I take my tripod next time.

it looks like he is wearing a pair of ray-bans :p

I thought that too

thats great! it sure is a lovely lens, found mine was best around f11.

Yes it will be a long journey, but my god, it makes you look at the world differently!

Thanks for the tip will try my next few at f11 and see how it goes.

Back