First Panorama Attempt

Name
Ben Love
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first attempt at a panorama with my D80, which personally I'm really happy with.

Pano_Final.jpg

The shot is comprised of 8 individual photos stitched together using CS3 - I then, with some assistance from the post processing forum, tided up a few areas again in CS3.

The shot is taken in the Peak District, not far from Leek. The seen stood out to me whilst driving passed (as a passenger of course) a few days previous and just had to be photographed.

Large version on photobucket:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/benakabatfink/Pano_Final-1.jpg

My wife even had it printed and framed as a wedding anniversary present last week - which has come out very nicely.

Comments are very welcome (y)

Can you link to a larger version? Nice, the sun is good. What ISO? Some noise on my screen.

Can you link to a larger version? Nice, the sun is good. What ISO? Some noise on my screen.

Link to larger version should work now :)

ISO was set to 100 - I see some noise too, think it may have been when photobucket automaticlly resizes the images. :thinking:

Thanks for the comment.

Large version is a really really good and sharp picture (y) - you can see the smog on the horizon *sigh*

Congrats on your first and successful panorama. They are really not that hard once you get the basics sorted and can be really rewarding - as you have found out.

Have you tried taking your pictures in portrait rather than landscape? This way you can include more foreground and sky so need to crop less useful info after stitching.

(y)

Back