First photo!

Name
Dougie
Edit My Images
Yes
After looking at the rest of the photos, I was not going to bother!
But hey, you got to start some where!

IMG_0125_edited-1.jpg

Just JPG at the moment.
How the hell did you do that, makes it look half decent!
I use Elements 9 by the way.

Just JPG at the moment.
How the hell did you do that, makes it look half decent!
I use Elements 9 by the way.

all I have done is selective sharpening and selective blur on the background.
In CS5 and most other programs there is a way, I copy the image to new layer and sharpen it then I mask (erase is no masking) one background copy a little Gaussian Blur
Thats about it

Looks really good with a bit of sharpening. I would have liked to see the full length of the bird, but that is only really a minor thing.

Shot RAW, u wont regret it ;) Its a great shot and looks even better sharpened great for a first photo.

What lens are you using as well..?

Your well on the way with this shot Dougie and some sound advice has been offered too. The sharpening Chaz mentioned can be done in Elements 9 so you can get the same results with your software.
Another useful link for sharpening is here: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7409
This link is biased towards Photoshop CSx but the instructions can still be applied on PE9.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing some more from you (y)

So long as it`s a Robin Dougie then you are well on the way to being accepted here :D Good first capture, good edit and advice by Chaz, and last of all do not be afraid to post your images up (y)

Nice first shot all the better for the editing look forward to seeing some more

I cannot believe the difference a bit of PS can do. All I done was to sharpen it a little, which was a big improvement. But what Chaz has done is remarkable, just goes to show what you can do with the initial image.

Thanks for all your positive comments, I had to crop it because the original photo showed it lack of legs.

Wait until I get my 150-500!

Anne,
Chaz was just showing me the differences you can make in Photo Shop. He only over did it to make the differences more obvious.

Back