First Photo

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,

Here's my first attempt at a landscape photo with my Powershot A620. I want to upgrade to a Digital SLR but thought it would be best to see if I could at least take something reasonable with my existing one first. I drove to a local viewpoint a couple of days ago and waited for the sun to set behind the hills. I tweaked the sky a little in Photoshop but hopefully not too much.

I would have been happier if the foreground had not been as under exposed but I will need to learn a bit more both with camera settings and post processing in Photoshop.

Any C&C welcome :)

Nice pic. There seems to be a littl e bit of noise possibly....

(I am a newb to digital SLR and phtoshop so if I am wrong please forgive me).

Perhaps a crop of the botom would ephasise the sky more as you have a lit of surpless to requirements at the bottom.

Composed nicely with the hill to one side and not slap bang in the middle as I have a habit of doing.

Gpc

Thanks for the comments.

gpc1 - I agree that a little bit should be cropped off the bottom. I can see what appears to be noise as well, which isn't on the original. When I cropped it and resized it, I had to save it with reduced quality compression to get it under 200Kb - maybe that introduced the noise?

Busby - I think the contrast works quite well but wasn't intended. If the hills had had more character or been nearer then it might have been better :)

Hello Spongebob, and welcome to the forum. IMO thats a cracking landscape photo ,keep em coming..:clap:

I like it a great mix of color :)

hey spongebob, like your shot. Welcome to the forum, another borderer

Welcome to the forum, I really like the shot, great colours!

Its a fine pic Bob, it would be much improved with the suggested crop but great colours and well seen.

Welcome to the forum. Lovely intro. photo. Nice sky. As suggested above, I would crop off some of the darkness at the bottom. Keep it up, Regards, Misty.

Back