First Photos from a carclub meet..

Edit My Images
Yes
This was my first time attending a local Starlet owners meet with a 'proper' camera - previously I'd only had a 2mp camera phone.

Messed about with as many settings, angles and objects as I could so here's the results. Excuse the subject matter, these cars have more of a cult following than more mainstream models.

A brisk, wintery morning in a layby near Doagh (Pronounced 'doke' BTW) :

petey1ef0.jpg

peterrecaroxc8.jpg

stewiesglanzaim1.jpg

andysuperwhitegf6.jpg

dialsnu8.jpg

whitestarletxa8.jpg

gerardbuttonng6.jpg

gerardbadgekt9.jpg

td04bch5.jpg

tedsbadgeol5.jpg

Any feedback appreciated - I'm an active part of the local club and will get plenty of chances to play about with settings.

Many thanks in advance.

The gauges and the GT badge stand out as the most interesting images to me. You're doing just the right thing though. Getting out there with your camera, shooting loads of stuff and seeing what works for you. :)

Def. on the right track, the up-closes work best. If I were to suggest anything, it would be work on the framing...the full car shots framing is a bit off.

Def. on the right track, the up-closes work best. If I were to suggest anything, it would be work on the framing...framing is a bit off.

good start, I've got a few ideas, hope you dont mind:

what we all always need to think about is the backgrounds, its amazing the clutter behind the subject or to the sides that spoils the shots, applies to cars as well as people. Often that's what makes the difference between a good photograph and a snapshot.

another subject you may like to try in this situation is getting people in the shots, & not just standing like a dork in front of their pride & joy. Candids while people are talking, especially animated conversations with lots of gestures.

Cheers for the tips folks, that's got me thinking about locations - a narrow layby in the middle of nowhere is definitely a bad setting.

@Wookie - Yes, everything was so close together and I feel you are right, it reflects badly in the pictures.

Duly noted for the next outing! (y)

Good start Jaystar! Some interesting shots and you're looking for different angls etc which is what makes photography so interesting. Keep it up!

Back