Some straw and a wet poppy.

Next.

Your other post is much better

Next.

There's encouragement for you...

Hi.

I kind of like the straw - I can see what you were trying to do, but those out of focus strands in front kind of detract from the shot I think. Try putting the clump you want to focus on in front and then having a nice out of focus background behind. Or combine it with another subject - straw would make a great abstract background.

The poppy is cool - I think you just need to get a bit closer and maybe enhance the colours slightly if you have Photoshop or other such software.

Like your style :D

Ewan

Next.

:LOL:

I'm pretty new here and i have already learned to actively seek out Oldgits posts for sheer comedy value. In my minds eye I have him pictured as a male Nora Batty. :p

I have been on the recieving end of his critiques and whilst they can appear harsh they do make sense. Like Ewan i can see what you were trying to do, I think the poppy photo lacks depth and colour, and the straw picture feels very scattered.

Practice makes perfect! (y)

Now if you wil exuse me i'll get out of here before Oldgit comes back. :exit:

While still not the greatest picture of a poppy in the world a little PP work and it can be much improved, levels, saturation and sharpen

n598445496_727089_7277.jpg

Back