Wild First Picture Post

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
A few snaps taken of a Greenland Wheatear (i think) taken just outside the patio doors leading to the garden
PEnoik4.jpg

9rKRlng.jpg

8OVkf2Y.jpg

Any thoughts advice welcome
Thanks Alex

No idea on ID but image #2 IMO is best though the few strands of grass are distracting.

Really nice clear shots!! Which body and lens are you using? I'd be extremely happy catching a less common bird with such good detail

Nice first shots. The third seems to suffer from a bit of camera shake blurring it which suggests a higher shutter speed is needed. All three have a slightly paint like look to the fine details when you look closely which is usually a sign that the sharpening has been over done.

Really nice clear shots!! Which body and lens are you using? I'd be extremely happy catching a less common bird with such good detail
Thankyou very much @Gil Bev im delighted you like the pictures :)
I have a Nikon D5500 and was using a AF-P NIKKOR 70-300 4.5-6.3G ED lens
Thanks again

Nice first shots. The third seems to suffer from a bit of camera shake blurring it which suggests a higher shutter speed is needed. All three have a slightly paint like look to the fine details when you look closely which is usually a sign that the sharpening has been over done.
Thanks Orangecroc im using Nikons Capture NX-D at the moment im just kinda playing with sliders and turning buttons on and off at the moment..will keep your advice in mind for next time
Thanks again

Thanks @Box Brownie for commenting appreciate your input:)

My initial look was on the smartphone................looking on the PC I think Ben @Orangecroc has a point as they lack some critical sharpness, though may be down to the PP. So just what shutter speed (fuller EXIF?) did you use and maybe find some online tutorials for the Nikon Capture NX-D software to guide you through the PP steps???

Last edited:
nice shots
how are you finding the af-p lens ?
Thankyou @holty i also have the af-p 18-55 lens and i like them both,they are quiet to focus unlike the 18-55 kit lens that i got with the camera which i could clearly hear, especially if i was taking video
But in all honesty this is my first dslr camera and i have nothing to compare them against and for now at least im enjoying using and learning

Back