First pictures with 5D3

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just bought a 5D3, and these are a few of the first pictures I took with the camera - my first venture into the world of full frame digital photography.

Pictures are straight out of the camera, hand held, and explore ISO settings I'd never used before.

2R4C0052.jpg

2R4C0074.jpg

2R4C0128.jpg

they dont look SOC, not doubting you if you say they are, cracking shots like the comp on them all

Let's not forget there is a hell of a lot that you can do in this camera (y) :D

Wonderful stuff. 3 cracking images. What ISO are we talking?

Thank you all for both your interest and comments.

I was just playing about with the camera trying to get a feel for the options and settings - I have used Canon SLR's for over 30 years and this is far and away the biggest difference I have come across between bodies - bigger than my jump from 35mm to digital!

As well as the nice images there where a fair few that went straight to trash!

ISO's on these images range from 1000 - 2500 on the 3rd picture IIRC. I just used ISO as a means to keep shutter speed/dof reasonable.

Given all the incredible functionality in this camera (which I am far from fully understanding) it is a simple new feature which I found very helpful in composing these shots (which still need some attention I know) - you are now able to turn on a grid of lines in the viewfinder (and in live view) rather than the faff of switching focus screens.

Last edited:
Back