Critique First play with my macro lens

• Thread starter Deleted sulking member 63079
  • Start date
D

Deleted sulking member 63079

Tamron 90mm F2.8 on a D7000.

Just getting to grips with the Macro lens, so thought I'd post up for some constructive feedback.

Very good for first attempt. Now you'll need to look how to light these little subjects you are shooting. When I got mine first thing I could find to take a shot of was my tv remote!

Hope @damianmkv doesnt see this! Lol

Haha - yes, I saw it Bryn :)

I agree with the comments on lighting - I think the last needs to focus on the droplet, rather than the tap but I know it's hard to start with.

Keep going though - looking forward to seeing more shots

I think you've made a great start. If it's any consolation they are better than the rubbish i first produced !

Cheers guys,

I have a reasonable flash, that can be used off-camera for indoors. But guessing I'll need to rig something up to direct the flash if I want it on-camera. Will try and have more of a play this week. Thanks for the tips.

I have both an off camera flash mounted to camera via brackets and a ring flash yongnuo ex14 very cheap and excellent quality.

Flash mounted includes a cheap ebay special small softbox --- Because you are close the light source is huge compared t subject.

Last edited:
Was just more thinking about modifying what I have rather than spending money :) I have the Yungnuo 568, no softbox though. But enough to play with and I'm sure I can jury rig some other options.

Glad to know I'm not going too far wrong for my first go though! Love how the Macro lens opens up shots in all sorts of places that are just dull at smaller magnifications.

Back